Host, Magnolia St. Louis
posted on 2017-01-26 / St. Louis, MO
The core Duties & Responsibilities of the Host include:
- Greet guests to the restaurant with a friendly time of day greeting in a prompt manner
- Managing the even flow of seating in the restaurant for proper distribution of tables among the servers.
- Maintain a waiting list if/when necessary
- Keep Host stand clean and organized
- Maintain menus for the proper service period
- Assist servers and bussers with floor duties such as clearing/setting tables, refresh beverage service
- Complete opening and closing side duties
- Keep F&B Management informed of service flow, service recovery requirements and other on-floor issues.
- Thank guests upon leaving restaurant, and provide other information to guest as necessary
The Desired Qualifications of the Host include:
- Previous full service restaurant/lounge experience as a Host/Hostess or Server
- Track seating and create/sustain even table seating flow among service sections
- Willingness to interact with guests in a friendly welcoming manner throughout the shift.
- Willingness to assist in all areas of the Food & Beverage department.
- Physical ability to perform the functions of the position.