Front Desk Supervisor, Magnolia Denver
posted on 2017-03-16 / Denver, CO
The duties and responsibilities of the Front Office Supervisor position include but are not limited to:
- Create, train and sustain a culture of guest service excellence in all front office personnel.
- Assist in developing sustainable training for all front office personnel (including Valet if applicable) regardless of employee’s tenure in the front office.
- Train staff in the learning and delivery of concierge services to guests.
- Updating communication boards for front office staff to stay current with downtown events, services and facilities so as to better assist guests.
- Delegate effectively.
- Demonstrate initiative and a positive attitude.
- Take ownership of guest service issues that are escalated and demonstrate superior problem-solving and follow up skills.
- Review zip code and email capture reports to support guest service agents in achieving goals.
- Review no show reports to ensure guests were charged.
- Receive and ensure all same day Expedia reservations – should be CRS?
- Ensure that all guest interaction with front desk staff is positive and professional and staff empowerment is encouraged and supported.
- Understand guest survey and Revinate results and scores and continually focus on ways to improve.
- Inspect all VIP rooms and amenities and conduct care calls to all VIP guests per VIP SOP.
- Maintain communication with Front Office staff and close out inventory when necessary when hotel is at high occupancy.
- Rate Check twice a week for 7 days out to confirm/ complete billing routing and adding Guest message to all promotional rate codes. – could be automated in the rate plan building?
- NOR1 upsell purchases and manually changing room type and adding the Extra in the reservations.
- Review comp set upgrade pricing twice a year, (Jan and Jun).
- Backing up Guest Service agents as demand requires.
- Checking inventory on high occupancy dates and assigning rooms if needed to balance the house.
- Maintain guest confidentiality as necessary.
- As may be necessary stage and oversee delivery of amenity packages to guest rooms as expressed in group resume, BEO or individual reservation.
- Enforce absolute adherence to PCI Guidelines from all front office staff.
- Manage cash handling procedures as prescribed in Magnolia Hotels’ procedures.
- Be the Hotel standard bearer for professionalism, appearance, service, and success to the Hotel staff.
- Conduct all other duties, responsibilities, actions and activities that are inherent in a Front Office Supervisor position
- Other duties as assigned by Front Office Manager
The desired qualifications of the Front Office Supervisor include but are not limited to:
- Front Office Supervisor experience in an upscale full service Hotel or Resort
- Experience with sustainable training programs to front office personnel.
- Basic accounting skills required for auditing cash and reconciling charges.
- Ability to professionally interact with a diverse guest and clientele base.