Kitchen Steward, Magnolia Dallas Downtown
posted on 2017-01-12 / Dallas Downtown, TX
Kitchen Steward is a core back of the house position responsible for the operation of the dish area, stocking received products, and many assignments of the kitchen cleaning schedule. Steward is an entry-level kitchen position; however its importance to successful kitchen operations has a much more elevated status.
Here is what Lonnie P. from the Omaha Magnolia Hotel says about working as a Kitchen Steward: “I get along with everyone, the atmosphere is great. We laugh, we talk, we don’t argue. Being in the kitchen is like being with my family.”
Some duties and responsibilities of the Kitchen Steward position include:
- Operate the dish area cleaning china, glass, silver, pots and pans to Serve Safe sanitation standards.
- Safety first in the Kitchen at all times.
- May stock received food items using first in first out product rotation.
- Stay out of the weeds when your dish area gets slammed.
- Complete Steward assignments on the Kitchen cleaning schedule.
Some desired qualifications of the Kitchen Steward position include:
- Meet physical requirements of the position
- Long periods of standing, lifting, carrying, bending, pushing.
- Able to follow verbal or visual instructions/directions.
- No fear of hard word work.