Housekeeping Supervisor, Magnolia Dallas Downtown
posted on 2017-01-11 / Dallas Downtown, TX
The Housekeeping Supervisor will inspect rooms cleaned by the RAs, inspect Houseman tasks, check supplies, report maintenance issues, and help with training new employees in the department. Supervisors are truly the “sergeants” of the Housekeeping Department.
Here is what Socorro P. from the Dallas Magnolia Hotel says about being a Housekeeping Supervisor: “The position helps to provide a good first impression of the Hotel to the guests. We have to create teamwork among the staff, and I like it because we are like family.”
Some duties and responsibilities of the Housekeeping Supervisor position include:
- Verifying room status through out the day.
- Inspecting guest rooms to get rooms ready by daily deadline.
- Help prepare daily boards. Supervise Housemen throughout the shifts.
- Help order supplies and do monthly inventories.
- Help train new Housekeeping department employees, including checking work quality of Room Attendants.
- Set a positive leadership example for the staff to follow each day
Some desired qualifications of the Housekeeping Supervisor position include:
- Previous Room Attendant or other housekeeping experience.
- Good foundation and knowledge of Housekeeping operations including training, laundry operations and cleaning products.
- Good organizational and multi-tasking skills Experience with Hotel front office systems for downloading reports, change room status, and report maintenance issues.
- Knowledge of biohazard procedures.
The minimum requirements for the Housekeeping Supervisor position include:
Able to meet the physical requirements of the position such as lifting, bending twisting, pushing, pulling, ascend/descend stairs, lift up to 30 pounds over head and carry 20 pounds of product up to 200’.