Front Desk Agent, Magnolia Dallas Downtown
posted on 2017-03-17 / Dallas Downtown, TX
The Front Desk Agent is “guest service central” in the Hotel. The Agents provide check-in and check-out services, Hotel information services, service recovery when necessary, and a wide array of other Hospitality oriented guest services. Our guests are business travelers, business professionals, social affair guests, celebrities, vacationers, and great folks just like you.
Here is what Bryan H. from the St. Louis Magnolia Hotel says about being a Front Desk Agent: “Magnolia Hotel St. Louis was my first job in the hotel industry. Coming from the world of restaurants primarily, customer service was not unfamiliar territory, however working in a hotel was a different type of service standard. The management recognized and embraces my strengths, guiding me through weaknesses, assisting me in cultivating my demeanor and verbiage. Magnolia has managed to develop my work life professionally and personally, in addition affording me the best benefits I have ever been provided in my working adult life.”
What we look for in a good Front Desk candidate is people who like helping people and being friendly no matter the work situation; can think fast, act quick, display grace under pressure; has good communication ability, and has a knack for “Instinctive Guest Service.”
What you’ll do at the desk while working includes:
- have fun at work and make our guests feel welcome and happy with the service;
- use the front desk system to ace all the clerical functions of the position;
- be a living “Google” of Hotel and local services;
- support the other Hotel departments with their front desk needs and questions
There some minimum qualifications for the Front Desk Agent position including:
- meet the physical requirements of the position, i.e., long periods of standing, manual dexterity to operate a computer keyboard and mouse, and visual capacity to read a computer screen and count cash;
- English comprehension skills to speak, read and write English.